The syntax highlighting of the editor
tab can be customized by the user. Other options may also be set that
are designed to aid the developer in reading the code.
The syntax in the editor is
highlighted to aid the developer in quickly reading the code. The styles
used can be adjusted to suit the individual developer using the Editor Styles
tab in the Option Dialog. Along with the
styles that are a few other options.
- End of Line Markers - puts a mark at the end of every line.
The default mark is a single "." in a light colour.
- Highlight Line - draws the line your working on highlighted
so you can quickly see where your cursor is.
- Blink Caret - If you don't want the caret to blink
on and off, you can uncheck this option. The caret will stay solid.
- Highlight Brackets - will indicate the corresponding bracket
to the one you have under the caret.
- Block Caret - To display the caret as a block rather than a
line, making it easier to see.
- Visible Caret - To hide the caret uncheck this option.
The Syntax highlighting text editor
was originally developed for use in jEdit IDE and incidentally,
what I used to write the application in the first place. You can find
jEdit at: http://jedit.sourceforge.net.
jMonkey.com, Universal SQL Tools.
Copyright © 2001 Brill Pappin. All rights reserved.